PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm 

wolfman wrote:
CBs

https://www.facebook.com/cb.ham.antenna ... 050990522/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 pm 

Kenyon wrote:
RedivideR wrote:
d-townmike wrote:
And also coined "Good night now" as his ending.

JiFR is my all time favorite caller but he didn't "coin" this term at all. That was something he borrowed from Rome who would (and still does) clown and imitate his then in-station rival at XRTA Sports 690, one Lee Hacksaw Hamilton.

There was some pretty funny banter when Rome's show would lead into Saw's. Rome was cutting edge back in those days and it was his way of giving the bird to the old guard. In the early 90's while Saw was getting breaking news off "the high speed Sports Wire", Rome was picking up stories off the internet.

Now Rome is nothing more than a megaphone for lib social causes.

Died laughing one time when Rome was detailing his sister's insistence of walking the cat on a leash. With perfect timing he increased the speed of
his cadence from sister insisting on walking cat, up to the final act: "...cat ran up a tree, leash got caught on a limb, GOOD NIGHT NOW!"

Thanks for clarifying.

So was this the same guy Rome would occasionally imitate? It was like: "have I given you enough to talk about? Poway! Do you have a pulse? Rancho Santa Fe! react to me! III want to heaaaaar from Bolt fan!'

And basically naming off a bunch of SoCal cities. It was hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:49 pm 

d-townmike wrote:
Kenyon wrote:
RedivideR wrote:
d-townmike wrote:
And also coined "Good night now" as his ending.

JiFR is my all time favorite caller but he didn't "coin" this term at all. That was something he borrowed from Rome who would (and still does) clown and imitate his then in-station rival at XRTA Sports 690, one Lee Hacksaw Hamilton.

There was some pretty funny banter when Rome's show would lead into Saw's. Rome was cutting edge back in those days and it was his way of giving the bird to the old guard. In the early 90's while Saw was getting breaking news off "the high speed Sports Wire", Rome was picking up stories off the internet.

Now Rome is nothing more than a megaphone for lib social causes.

Died laughing one time when Rome was detailing his sister's insistence of walking the cat on a leash. With perfect timing he increased the speed of
his cadence from sister insisting on walking cat, up to the final act: "...cat ran up a tree, leash got caught on a limb, GOOD NIGHT NOW!"

Thanks for clarifying.

So was this the same guy Rome would occasionally imitate? It was like: "have I given you enough to talk about? Poway! Do you have a pulse? Rancho Santa Fe! react to me! III want to heaaaaar from Bolt fan!'

And basically naming off a bunch of SoCal cities. It was hilarious.

Those are Lo Cal cities.

Smacksaw was the play by play guy for the San Diego Chargers on XTRA.

Noon to 3 would be the loose cannons (Chet Forte and Steve Hartman) then Rome would come on from 3 to 6 and then Hacksaw Hamilton from 6 to 9

Rome originally had the 6 to 9 slot and that was when he was best but then he and Hacksaw switched and time got 3-6

Hacksaw lost his slot when he told a teenage Raider fan, "you're a raiderfan so you have guns in the house, grab one and kill yourself with it"

Rome was still decent when he was on 3-6 but his show went to shit when he went to noon to 3 after Chet Forte died and then they started adding affiliates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:46 am 

Chet Forte was good and that idiot lib Hartman rode his coat tails. Hartman has been relegated to a weekend fill in guy in recent years. Fuck him and his fake hair.

Dtown, yes, when you hear Rome rattling off a bunch of San Diego area city names, that is his Hacksaw imitation. That shit is still funny. I actually liked Hacksaw. He was corny and a homer but his "Best 15 Minutes of Radio There Is" opening segment was money. During that segemnt at the opening of his show, he'd give out sports headlines in a rapid fire format. He was doing that on a podcast up until 2 or so years ago. I'd pay real money to have him back on drive time radio.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:49 am 

Hacksaw is TSN1290 radio's official NFL correspondent, the only airtime on that station that doesn't suck.