TheTrolls.net

It's Poultry Month!
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:49 pm 

Any of you clones ever attend this or do the at home DVD stuff?

http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/?snid=classes.fpu-a

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/cFPUcla ... =store.fpu

Wife signed us up for the course and it's at a local church. So far it's not too bad. The second class just ended today. I guess it's a 13 week deal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:04 pm 

My sister sent me his book. Basically Budgeting and Saving baby steps for people who have never done either. His system has its place in the world, but I've never felt the need for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:24 pm 

I listen to his show. I'm hoping in two years to do a "debt free scream"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm 

Its financially sound advice. :koolaid:

I disagree with the cruder elements of his plan, putting cash in envelopes, and paying off your house. But fundamentally he's giving good advice.

A home loan is the cheapest, easiest form of a loan there is out there. If you can do a basic cash flow statement and stick to a budget, you really ought to have a home loan c.p.

Im a pretty firm believer, apart from a house/real estate, pay for shit in cash.

credit cards need to be paid off every month. Living simpler is living free.

now give me your 200 dollar fee, fuckos. :banana:

I don't know why I think this, and I sure don't want to find out personally, but I imagine sex with Schmick as being how John Hobbes described life outside society as "poor, nasty, brutish and short."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:04 pm 

One more funny thing, wife bought the deal without the DVD's or anything, but the pack comes with CD's of the spiel. But you can log into the website and watch any of the segments you missed (we were distracted with our 7 month old the first week). But you only get 3 episodes free. So after that, they want to charge you $5.99 each. However there are copies of the videos available on torrents, at least that's what a friend said. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:11 pm 

1. Dont live to match other people.
2. Live free of debt. Other than a home loan.
3. Get best home loan debt you can.
4. Buy a home you can afford, dont assume a home or RE will appreciate.
5. Live on one paycheck. Bank the rest.
6. Scale back, live affordably.

I don't know why I think this, and I sure don't want to find out personally, but I imagine sex with Schmick as being how John Hobbes described life outside society as "poor, nasty, brutish and short."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm 

CA tends to ingest cocks at every turn but he is right on this one. I listen to Ramsey's show daily and by doing so, I tend to curb my spending habits out of guilt; as if he is in my ear yelling at me for doing so. I also listen to hear the sad sacks who call him at the age of 65 who still have to work with menial incomes of 35K a year and are laden with debt. Hearing tales like that tends to motivate me to be better.

He is also a solid conservative who preaches a lifestyle against government dependence. He does a good service overall and I rack Russ for starting this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 pm 

Actually, Dave really doesn't say that having a mortgage is a bad thing. I'm sure he'd have other words about a second mortgage since he strongly opposes borrowing money. Even having one credit card is one too many.

I took FPU back in I think 2008 when my church had it. It was good info, much of it I already knew, but I wish I had taken this when I was a bachelor. Probably would have prevented me from racking up about $10,000 in debt.

But I do like how Dave presents the info. He has just the perfect balance between the "how to" and "serious" stuff and being funny. If he didn't incorporate those funny moments, the whole thing would be a waste.

The envelope system is absolute crap, IMO. To me, it seemed like he was encouraging living paycheck to paycheck because any remaining money from your paychecks (after doing the "snowball effect") should go right into savings.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:51 pm 

The people that would benefit most from Dave Ramsey are the ones that don't attend church and don't listen to talk radio.

...and dammit, rack CA. :punchballs: :punchballs: :punchballs:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:58 am 

Club America wrote:
Its financially sound advice. :koolaid:

I disagree with the cruder elements of his plan, putting cash in envelopes, and paying off your house. But fundamentally he's giving good advice.

A home loan is the cheapest, easiest form of a loan there is out there. If you can do a basic cash flow statement and stick to a budget, you really ought to have a home loan c.p.

Im a pretty firm believer, apart from a house/real estate, pay for shit in cash.

credit cards need to be paid off every month. Living simpler is living free.

now give me your 200 dollar fee, fuckos. :banana:

This.

Read his book. Not bad advice. We TRY to follow it as much as we can.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:13 am 

What YT is saying is they try try try Try-eye-eye. They try try try Try-eye-eye.

Sin,
Grammys