TheTrolls.net

It's Italian Food Month!
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:38 pm 

This is a family vacation, but very PET worthy. We just got back from 4 days in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It was great to finally breathe in some conservative air for a while! No masks, no restrictions, just enjoying some time away. Awesome to see 99% of everyone we encountered, which was a lot, were not wearing masks either! Hell, most had completely forgotten was social distancing was!

So we entered South Dakota along Highway 18:
Definitely a desolate area, especially in Eastern Wyoming, but all that changed in less than 50 miles.

First full day we visited Black Hills Caverns, which is just outside of Rapid City:

This particular cave tour was meh at best. Not bad, but far better are out there. We had hoped to visit Wind Cave National Park, but it was closed due to elevators, which take people in and out of the cave, being out of service.
After the cave tour, my boys did some panning kind of like what the old miners did way back when:

We then headed back to our hotel in Rapid City. We stayed at Residence Inn, which is connected to a large indoor water park resort called Watiki Water Park. This place is absolutely incredible especially for Rapid City! Numerous water slides, a water basketball court, lazy river, plus a bar and restaurant onsite as well.

Here is the bar that is just outside of the water park. Yes, that is a waterslide passing right through:

My wife looks damn good huh? ;)

And of course, there were the numerous 17.9998 year olds walking around in bikinis that I have no idea how their moms approved of.
You know that guy in the back is pulling a troll move.

Because Sunday was Father's Day, we went out for ice cream at a local ice cream shop in downtown Rapid City:
That's about the only restriction we ever saw was the 6-foot spacing, but even then no one really did it...and without a mask too!
Me and my boys:

Monday was a visit to Mount Rushmore, which is, of course, the #1 tourist attraction in this whole region and the main highlight of our trip too. No protesters, no liberals to be found (saw many Trump t-shirts and hats being worn), just Americans! It was a great visit!

Unfortunately, a large chunk of the memorial was under construction so we really couldn't see or experience very much:

This is the Sculptor's Studio which is dedicated to the original sculptor Gutzom Borglum. Here is what he originally envisioned the memorial looking like:
He was only able to sculpt the faces and small portions of collars because funding was cut off in 1941 due to WWII.

Clouds finally cleared:

We went back to Keystone to explore downtown and have lunch. I did remember Sando Month so here is the Bison Patty melt Sando I had at the Ruby House Restaurant:
Very tasty! I love bison meat. Too bad it's so damn expensive! This sando was $14!

On the way back to Rapid City, we stopped at a tourist trap called Bear Country USA. The first portion is a wildlife drive where you can see wild animals in a habitat that is as natural as they can get it. They have elk, wolves, reindeer and of course bears!
Never been this close to a bear before:

After you drive through the park, you then go to the "zoo" portion. The biggest exhibit is the baby bears:
There were at least 15 baby bears all playing around this huge exhibit. Really cool to see.

Tuesday was our final full day and we spent that day taking a train ride between Keystone and Hill City right through the middle of the Black Hills. Here's the train arriving at the station in Keystone:

I don't do the selfie thing:

On the train ride:

We arrived in Hill City and had a 3 hour layover to kill. We had lunch at Mangy Moose Saloon:
I had a smothered burrito which was ok. My oldest celebrated Sando Month with one of their cheeseburgers.

We walked around downtown Hill City and came across this gift shop with some gifts that would make every libtard head explode or try to burn down their establishment:

Of course, being in biker country sure helps with the convervativeness of this region. So amazing!

We headed back to the Hill City train station to check out what else they have. There is a historic locomotive, engine #7, on display:

Train arriving in Hill City:
They do not have a turntable to all engines face the same direction for the excursions:

Back in Keystone and the engine is filled with water before making the return trip to Hill City:

And we drove back today. Takes about 6 hours one way from my fair city. I definitely wasn't as enthusiastic about seeing that dorky "welcome to Colorful Colorado" sign on I-25 out of Wyoming today....especially when we filled up with gas in Rapid City for $1.88 and prices are around $3.00 here! :nono:

So there you have it! Our next vacation is in less than 4 weeks when we head northwest to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and Glacier National Park in Montana.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:50 am 

Location: Charleston, SC - Deep in the Heart of the Confederacy.
RACKETH!

You did grab one or two of those Trump t-shirts didn't you??

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho next month - I've heard that place has been overrun w/ Mexifornians escaping GayVin's tyranny, but now "super-spreading" their liberalism amongst the locals... enjoy :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:27 am 

Rack not one person wearing a mask. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:47 am 

Very nice PET....and obviously a pictorial essay of white privilege.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 am 

Those trains had black people on them with DIGNIFIED JOBS BACK IN THE 40S!!!!!!!!!

BLOW THEM UP PPPP AAHAHHHHH!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:01 am 

Nice. Thanks for all the work. Good looking family. Props to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:45 am 

Location: "somewhere deep in the bowels of a nondescript building in an undisclosed location,"
Balack Hills? Are they going to rename them the Afro-American Hills? :confused:
Quote:
great to finally breathe in some conservative air
feels good doesn't it? :tup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:25 pm 

Rack the Dakotas where common sense abounds. Sucks the SoDaks got all the pretty tourist stuff and we got stuck with flooding.

Excellent PET, mike.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm 

Just a casual observation....you might suggest (nicely) that Mrs. d-town use more moderation with her testosterone regimen...unless of course you don't mind knowing she could kick your ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:53 pm 

Sam, you appear to be a touch homosexual tonight... :gay:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:47 pm 

Sam the Man wrote:
Just a casual observation....you might suggest (nicely) that Mrs. d-town use more moderation with her testosterone regimen...unless of course you don't mind knowing she could kick your ass.

I can admire a little muscularity in a women. Not down with a five o’clock shadow and a clit growing in a penis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 am 

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the first RACKable PET
that has been posted here this year.

Hope you didn't waste $$ on any of that Trump bullshit.
It will all be 10 cents on the dollar in November after
he loses the election.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:35 am 

kcdave wrote:

he loses the election.

Can you state, unequivocally to the whole board, that you would vote for the party supporting the desecrations, rioting, hate America, BLM nonsense and their dementia riddled puppet? Truly?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:44 am 

Sam the Man wrote:
kcdave wrote:

he loses the election.

Can you state, unequivocally to the whole board, that you would vote for the party supporting the desecrations, rioting, hate America, BLM nonsense and their dementia riddled puppet? Truly?

I'll say it for him. Yes, he can and will. He's a piece of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 am 

And a dumb son of a bitch. :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am 

Club America wrote:
And a dumb son of a bitch. :cheers:

Nah, sometimes it just takes a little longer for the message to resonate with certain people...When they take away his barbecues for something like white privilege or Green deal pollution maybe he'll come around.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:35 am 

kcdave wrote:
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the first RACKable PET
that has been posted here this year.

he loses the election.

Well, Molly hasn't been around so my competition has been nonexistent. But then again cruises have been shut down anyway so what else is there for her to post?

And no we did not buy those tees. Taking pics and then posting on social media would get the word out more effectively anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:41 am 

d-townmike wrote:
Because Sunday was Father's Day, we went out for ice cream at a local ice cream shop in downtown Rapid City:

I'm about 90% sure I know the big guy in the center. His name is Jason.