TheTrolls.net

It's poultry month!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 pm 

A location near you will soon be offering venison. But just one location, happens to be really close to me, will be testing out elk meat.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/a ... andwiches/

Quote:
The chain is debuting new venison sandwiches nationwide after a limited run in five states last year.

The venison will be available at restaurants nationwide starting on Oct. 21. It is described in a news release as “thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted specialty roll.”

One Arby’s in Colorado — at Interstate 25 and 144th in Thornton — will also be serving up a limited edition elk sando. It is described in the news release as “a tender elk steak topped with blackberry port steak sauce and crispy onions on a toasted specialty roll.”

That location happens to be just 2 miles from me and just across the interstate from where yet another CFA is currently being built.

I'm all about venison and elk meat. My uncle is an avid hunter and has served both at various family functions. Damn good stuff.

Just like with their brisket, I'm not so sure. You have to make sure the venison is gamey enough so that it will taste just perfectly.

I won't be "in" until I hear multiple positive reviews. I'll probably try the elk meat sando before the venison.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 pm 

Quote:
will also be serving up a limited edition elk sando

Be sure to refinance your home before you hit the drive thru.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

Shit. I was going to post this when I got to work and forgot. The morning show was all abuzz about the venison sando. I'm down to try it and I haven't had fast food in 12 days. No shit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:04 pm 

molly wrote:
I haven't had fast food in 12 days. No shit.

Have you tried a gentle laxative?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm 

mvscal wrote:
Quote:
will also be serving up a limited edition elk sando

Be sure to refinance your home before you hit the drive thru.

They've taken it to a new level as far as buttfuckings. You can get out of there anymore for less than $10. They will never forgive the public for getting over with the Pick 5 for $5.99 from the 2000s.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm 

mvscal wrote:
molly wrote:

OMG I Love you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm 

I'm in favor of this...... but you gotta believer there will be maggots protesting these sammies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 pm 

molly wrote:
mvscal wrote:
molly wrote:

OMG I Love you.

I'm glad you laughed, because I certainly did. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:00 pm 

Arby's sucks ass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 pm 

Wonder where/how they get all that meat. I never hunted deer but had some given to me Once a friend gave me a front quarter of a deer he probably "jacked" at his place. I cut it up with a Black & Decker saber saw using the meat cuts chart in MrsO's cook book for lamb. Made out OK, with chops, steaks, stew meat, etc. Another time a student told me he was going hunting with his Dad. I jokingly asked him when the venison steak dinner would be. A couple weeks later he gave me a bag that had 6 steaks in it. I told him he passed biology.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 pm 

tbag wrote:
Arby's sucks ass.

The Official Restaurant of Congress?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:56 pm 

If they turn wild game into pressed meat-like "loaf' like they do with everyfukkenthingelse I'm going to vomit into the soda dispenser drain and rub my balls on that gayassed bell at the exit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:26 pm 

Good to have goals in life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:06 pm 

HighPlainsGrifter wrote:
If they turn wild game into pressed meat-like "loaf' like they do with everyfukkenthingelse I'm going to vomit into the soda dispenser drain and rub my balls on that gayassed bell at the exit.

Yup, it will look and taste just like oriented strand board. Not in

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:11 pm 

d-townmike wrote:
A location near you will soon be offering venison. But just one location, happens to be really close to me, will be testing out elk meat.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/10/12/a ... andwiches/

Quote:
The chain is debuting new venison sandwiches nationwide after a limited run in five states last year.

The venison will be available at restaurants nationwide starting on Oct. 21. It is described in a news release as “thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions topped with a juniper berry sauce on a toasted specialty roll.”

One Arby’s in Colorado — at Interstate 25 and 144th in Thornton — will also be serving up a limited edition elk sando. It is described in the news release as “a tender elk steak topped with blackberry port steak sauce and crispy onions on a toasted specialty roll.”

That location happens to be just 2 miles from me and just across the interstate from where yet another CFA is currently being built.

I'm all about venison and elk meat. My uncle is an avid hunter and has served both at various family functions. Damn good stuff.

Just like with their brisket, I'm not so sure. You have to make sure the venison is gamey enough so that it will taste just perfectly.

I won't be "in" until I hear multiple positive reviews. I'll probably try the elk meat sando before the venison.

Do you think buffalo meat is tasty or tastes like liver?

Is bear meat too greasy to you? I can't be sure, because I only tasted it by biting through the neck and not stopping.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:51 pm 

I've had buffalo/bison pot roast and a couple other things at Ted Turner's Montana Grill down the road from us. Pretty decent grub.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 pm 

wolfman wrote:
I've had buffalo/bison pot roast and a couple other things at Ted Turner's Montana Grill down the road from us. Pretty decent grub.

I was just going to post about Ted's Montana Grill too.

While the entrees that offer the option for bison meat are pushing $20, they really are damn tasty.

Better than another local restaurant called Buckhorn Exchange where no one can get out for under $100. That place offers bison, elk, alligator, rattlesnake, several other exotic meats too.