TheTrolls.net

It's Dessert Month!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:32 am 

"People recall where they were when they found out Kurt Cobain died"

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/05/70960303 ... ears-later

Here let me change that...

"Folks vaguely remember what they were doing at the time a barely over-hyped junkie decided to clean his clocks with a rabbit fucker."

One of my trade school teachers celebrated his death. Rack him.

Heroin. Culling the herd for Darwin, but not effective enough. He needs a more effective self-cancelling tool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:53 am 

Never heard of him.

~mvscal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:13 am 

Cool, a Nirvana thread.
Who will be the first dumb mother fucker
to talk shit about this great band?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:19 am 

JohnHarrison wrote:
a rabbit fucker

#beastforums

RIP Saladtosser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:05 am 

Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of my better karaoke songs.

Orenthal wrote:
I prefer to think his creepy ole lady C-Love offed him :biggrin:
:rome: "Never let the facts get in the way of a good take!"

Yup, bitch left him alone with a gun after he had already tried to OD on pills just days earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:17 am 

I can't think of another music legend to off himself via shotgun to gut. So, he's got that going for him.

Rack! :banana:

"winning so much, you're going to get tired of winning."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:20 am 

Don't forget about Layne. 17 years ago today.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 am 

tbag wrote:
Don't forget about Layne. 17 years ago today.

This is the bigger tragedy.

When Smells Like Teen Buck Shot whacked himself, MTV treated it like the fucking Kennedy assassination. Some say it was a murder conspiracy and that El Duce from The Mentors was recruited by Courtney Love.

War Love buying heroin from El Duce's roommate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 pm 

Since this thread was posted I have tried to remember where I was when Cobain's death was announced.

Still drawing a blank.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 pm 

I remember the groundswell of damaged underaged girls and 50+ hippies calling this guy a hero because he wrote 3 chord radio songs after abandoning his wife, newborn kid, and his bandmates and then blaming all of the above in his suicide note. What a passive aggressive fucktard and what a shitty legacy he left behind.

Grunge was the disco of its time, it changed fashions for the worse to the 100th power, fucked music, and culture in general for about 4 years and then "poof", it disappeared to oblivion where it belonged. Fuck Cobain, fuck Nirvana, (except for Grohl, Foo Fighters don't suck,) and fuck the entire grunge era for killing rock and bringing flannel wearing "female" landwhales into the mainstream.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:04 pm 

HighPlainsGrifter wrote:
Since this thread was posted I have tried to remember where I was when Cobain's death was announced.

I was walking to the chow hall for dinner at Ft Hood. We talked about him being another 27 like Morrison, Joplin, Hendrix and Brian Jones.

Nirvana was...head and shoulders above any faggot hair band.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:23 pm 

mvscal wrote:
I was walking to the chow hall for dinner at Ft Hood.

In 94 I was financing cars for Ft Hood soldiers in Bell county Tx. Not sure I even had time to acknowledge Cobain's death.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 pm 

mvscal wrote:
HighPlainsGrifter wrote:

Nirvana was...head and shoulders above any faggot hair band.

I concur.

I was coming home from camping/scouting deer. I remember not giving a fuck. ZERO sympathy for fucks who pull this shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:56 pm 

I liked when Novacelek knocked himself out when he thew his bass up in the air at the MTV awards.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 pm 

Was probably focused on maximizing my financial opportunities selling surface coatings since every building in Los Angeles needed to be patched & painted....

Life wuz gud.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 pm 

HighPlainsGrifter wrote:

Still drawing a blank.

Hope this helps.

Rack. Fuck Nirvana.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:27 am 

Never heard of him. Guess I was too busy diggin' some bluesy Zepplin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:12 am 

Mack Daddy Doug wrote:
Zepplin.

Absolute shit.

Sin,
.net Music Critics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:41 am 

I dug Nirvana. Matter of fact it remains in rotation when my headphones are on in the gym.

What I remember about Kurt put a shotgun blast In Utero is that is my origins story for trolling. In 1994 I was on my way to being a community college dropout. At the time I was writing for the school newspaper. A full size weekly ten pager that racked up quite a few national awards. People were treating this like the death of Lennon. While I appreciated the music, I took note of how grief stricken these motherfuckers were. Yeah they had a couple of really good albums, but they weren’t at icon status yet.

So I took my newly minted status as a communist to take a severe counterpoint to all the crying flannel boys out there. At the heart of it all, he was a junkie who married a stripper. Enjoy the music, but holy fuck, this is not the hero that MTV is making him out to be. It was a so-so article (if I could find it, I’d post it so you could pick apart my 19yo writing style) but it got a real reaction. People wanting to debate me in class. Got a few “fuck you”s from students in passing who recognized my picture ahead of the article. It felt good knowing my words can trigger a visceral response when their passions get questioned.

A lot of what brought and kept me reading and posting on these boards for almost 20 years can be traced to the day Cobain offed himself. A respect for the craft. That is Nirvana and Kurt Cobain's lasting legacy to me :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:50 am 

See. He was writing epic tales Back before fucking cellphones.
-D$

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:18 pm 

I like that RJ popped his trolling cherry by making grunge pussies bleed. Reminds me of the meltdown Jsc had when John McCain died and this place rightly called McCain a piece of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm 

:lol:

Rack the troll origin story!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:48 pm 

R-Jack wrote:
It was a so-so article (if I could find it, I’d post it so you could pick apart my 19yo writing style) but it got a real reaction.

Well thanks to a neat little app called Google Keep, I was able to transcribe the pics of my article so I can share with you my trolling beginnings. I haven’t read it in a long time. It was a little more all over the place than I remembered, but I though I had some nice points and a little smack in there. I also got a kick out of how old I thought 27 was when I was 19. All in all it wasn’t a terrible first attempt at trolling, but definitely not a polished performance, even from a collumn writing perspective.

Quote:
Kurt Cobain 1967-1994.
On April 8 Nirvana, who brought grunge music into the mainstream, were no more after lead singer and guitarist Cobain ended his life with a shotgun blast to the head.

Some say Nirvana and Cobain will forever be remembered as the voice of an angry generation of youth in the 90’s. Although I liked a few tracks on their breakthrough CD “Nevermind”, I didn’t find Nirvana to be anything more than an overrated group of noise that brought alternative junk into the mainstream.

This isn’t an attack on Cobain or his family, just the memory that MTV and other sources of “Generation X” media have given him.

I was never a big fan of Nirvana before Cobain’s death. I refuse to accept him as a rock legend and the symbol of troubled youth of this decade.

I’ve read that Cobain’s lyrics represented the rage of our younger set. I’m sorry, but I never could make out those lyrics and when Cobain’s mumbles formed words, I couldn’t find any kind of complete thought.

I always wondered how a 27-year-old man with a wife and child could represent a youth that now has to face metal detectors at school, violence on every level and social class and a rising teenage pregnancy and drop out rate.
A few indistinguishable lyrics from a guy who graduated years before the youth he’s trying to connect with just didn’t cut it.

Actually I’m insulted that is strung out heroin addict you tried suicide three times in the last three weeks before he finally got it right was supposed to be the leader of a generation that includes me. I don’t think so. I am almost proud to say that he didn’t represent me. A guy who we leave behind a wife and kid because he didn’t want to be famous anymore is no representative of mine.

Cobain now joins the rock stars of the late 60s and early 70s who secured their place in history by early deaths, like Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison.
As sad as it is to make a profit from someone’s death, MTV has made a big gain from Cobain suicide. MTV is responsible for propelling your van into the stratosphere by telling Generation X this is what they should be listening to, the exposure that ultimately led to him taking his own life.

In response to the suicide, MTV promotes “news” specials showing scenes from Cobain‘s funeral and the taped message by his widow Courtney Love. They also in “tribute“ aired all of Nirvana‘s videos in a row, the same overexposure that killed Cobain.

More I watch MTV, the more I realize it’s ruining the careers of the musicians who have put bread on the table for it. A great example is the new image of Hammer and Vanilla Ice.

Years ago, before Hammer and Vanilla Ice hit the big time, managers and MTV executives worked on their images so both orders can enjoy crossover success. After both artist brought rap into the mainstream, “hardcore” rappers, who should’ve been grateful to both of them for keeping their careers alive, criticize them for turning “hip pop” into “hip pop”.

MTV then jumps on the bandwagon insurance both Hammer and Vanilla Ice for their success with the soft image they created for them.

MTV’s two-faced ways were another never more evident than when “Ice Ice Baby” was declared by the network video jockeys as the worst video ever. It was the same video that spent a month at the top of their video charts a few years earlier and the same network they gave Ice the title “Elvis of Rap”

Now with the popularity of gangster rap Hammer and Ice have come back with tougher images a new albums with her lyrics, but are getting criticized because people remember them the way they were.

In Nirvana's case MTV reaped big rewards off their first mega hit “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and demanded more from the reluctant band. Video after video and constant touring got to be too much for Cobain and he wanted to stop but felt the monster success of the band wouldn’t allow him to quit.

Nirvana is being held as pioneers of grunge rock and as the face of a pissed off generation, but in five years the group will be completely forgotten and MTV will have a new face to exploit.

I eagerly await your well thought out responses of “TLDR”

Last edited by R-Jack on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:18 pm 

Good stuff. How many stoners responded?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:35 pm 

That is actually well thought out.

Or you could have just called them fags and ran off.