TheTrolls.net

It's dessert month!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:28 pm 

And I think it's time for term limits.

I think I've seen 4-5 events now where some American is participating in like their 4th fucking Olympics and getting smoked.

I feel pretty good right now, but 20 years ago me felt way better.

That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:16 pm 

You'll feel better once Schiffrin wins gold in slalom and Mancuso kicks ass in Super G.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:16 pm 

Zombie Bob Costas thinks this is Bullcrap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:18 pm 

plus, we have the third most golds so far: 3. Germany has 6, the Netherlands has 4.

We have the third most medals overall as well.

Just scope some speed skater ass and you'll feel better. This competition isn't about national pride, it's about getting in some good quality jerks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm 

Gracie Gold will most likely pummel some commie cornholes as well.

This grille may be everywhere for years in a few weeks here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 am 

I've watched (half watched) about 30 minutes of the Olympics -- out of one eye, sprawled on a doctor's office couch, sick as hell with the flu.

I was able to recognize that what I saw looked like the X Games.

Rinky dink stoner activities.

So I did research it, and found that 12 new events were added to these games -- to "to provide a newer, fresher and youthful flare to the games."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/N ... 19291.html

:jo:

The Olympics was barely watchable before these new goofball events were introduced.

Not IN.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 am 

Watching USA hockey live. Little early for you PST trolls

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:29 am 

Quote:
SOCHI, Russia – The backlash against Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko dropping out of the men's individual event because of injury has caused a firestorm of criticism here. That included a national politician on Friday calling for a law to be passed banning any Russian from competing in more than two Olympics.

"Two Olympics and get lost. Let the youngsters have a go," LDPR party leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky said, according to Russian media. "Plushenko is an invalid."

Term limits FTW!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am 

Who gives a fuck, the Russian Mafia rigs that shit every Olympic year anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:11 am 
Board Admiral

Jokey wrote:
the Russian Mafia

:shock: :shock:

Sin,
Tin Foil Ted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 am 

Location: "somewhere deep in the bowels of a nondescript building in an undisclosed location,"
Quote:
A few expectations were met, but many fell short of those promised by IOC President Thomas Bach and organizing committee head Carlos Nuzman.
Bach boasted at the closing ceremony of "a Rio de Janeiro before, and a much better Rio de Janeiro after the Olympic Games."
Nuzman called Rio the next Barcelona, one of the cities clearly transformed by the games.
Save for minor cosmetic changes, a city fractured by mountains and searing inequality remains as it was. Violent crime mostly concealed during the Olympics is soaring, tied to Brazil's deepest economic downturn in 100 years and unpaid policemen leaving in droves. Brazil's military has been called in to quell Rio's untethered violence.
Rio barely managed to keep it together for the Olympics, needed a government bailout to hold the Paralympics and then collapsed under a grinding recession and sprawling corruption scandals.
The games took place mostly in the south and west of the city, which remains white and wealthy. The rest is still a hodgepodge of dilapidated factories and hillside slums of cinderblocks, tin roofs and open troughs of raw sewage.
Brazil says it spent $13 billion US in public and private money to organize the Olympics — some estimates suggest $20 billion — and many games-related projects since then have been tied to corruption scandals that marred the games and drove up costs. Federal police and prosecutors have linked overpriced projects to graft between politicians and construction companies.
The Olympics left a half-dozen vacant sports arenas in the Olympic Park and 3,600 empty apartments in the boarded-up Olympic Village. Deodoro, a major complex of venues in the impoverished north, is shuttered behind iron gates.
A $20 million golf course is struggling to find players and financing.
A few dozen were on the course on a recent, sunny Saturday. The clubhouse is mostly unfurnished, and it costs non-Brazilians 560 reals ($180) for 18 holes and a cart.
Organizers and the International Olympic Committee say Rio needs time to develop these venues, and faults Brazil's deep recession for most of the problems.
A prosecutor several months ago disputed this, saying the Olympic Park "lacked planning how to use white elephant" sports venues. Many were built as part of real estate deals that have yet to pan out.
The park offers few amenities: no restaurants, no shade and nothing much to do except gawk at deserted arenas.
Rio organizers promised to clean up polluted Guanabara Bay in their winning bid in 2009. During the Olympics, officials used stop-gap measures to keep floating sofas, logs and dead animals from crashing into boats during the sailing events.

Since the Olympics, the bankrupt state of Rio de Janeiro has ceased major efforts to clean the bay, its unwelcome stench often drifting along the highway from the international airport.
"I think it's gotten worse," Brazil's gold-medal sailor Kahena Kunze said in a recent interview. "There was always floating trash, but I see more and more. It's no use hiding the trash because it comes back. I figured it would get worse because I haven't seen anything concrete being done."
Avenida Brasil, the main north-south artery through the city, is a snarl of unfinished roads and express bus lanes, viaducts to nowhere and detours through miles (kilometres) of traffic cones.
Some of the politicians behind the Olympics have been accused of graft, and organizers still owe creditors about $30 million to 40 million.
Former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, who wept when Rio was awarded the games, was convicted last month on corruption charges and faces a 9 1/2-year prison term. He is appealing.
Former Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes , the local moving force behind the Olympics, is being investigated for allegedly accepting at least 15 million reals ($5 million) in payments to facilitate construction projects tied to the games. He denies wrongdoing.
Another early booster, former Rio state governor Sergio Cabral, is in jail on corruption charges.
:rotfl: