TheTrolls.net

It's bacon month!
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fuck Toronto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 pm 

Opening night of hockey and the fucking rink is half fucking empty. Once a bunch of fucking bandwaggoning jakes.

I don't know why I think this, and I sure don't want to find out personally, but I imagine sex with Schmick as being how John Hobbes described life outside society as "poor, nasty, brutish and short."

Post subject: Re: Fuck Toronto
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 pm 

Club America wrote:
Opening night of hockey and the fucking rink is half fucking empty. Once a bunch of fucking bandwaggoning jakes.

To be fair, it's been about 15 years since the Leafs were anything but AHL calibre at best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 am 

Jokey wrote:
Club America wrote:

To be fair, it's been about 15 years since the Leafs were anything but AHL calibre at best.

Doesn't matter. They've long lobbied for a second team in Toronto but they can't show out for the one they have. It's your frigging national past time and you're an original six franchise. Act like it damn it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:53 am 

Masshole wrote:
Doesn't matter. They've long lobbied for a second team in Toronto but they can't show out for the one they have. It's your frigging national past time and you're an original six franchise. Act like it damn it.

Well, at least we know whose fault it all is......

poptart wrote:
I'm well aware that there is an appetite for my deliveries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:04 am 

The organization has been very open about not being committed to winning at all and the fanbase is finally fed up with it. Giving the Laffs money at this point is like giving a crackhead money for rent and being surprised when they waste it on more drugs. I don't care about the Leafs but their fans are finally saying ENOUGH and I can't say I blame them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:24 am 

Jokey wrote:
The organization has been very open about not being committed to winning at all and the fanbase is finally fed up with it. Giving the Laffs money at this point is like giving a crackhead money for rent and being surprised when they waste it on more drugs. I don't care about the Leafs but their fans are finally saying ENOUGH and I can't say I blame them.

So investing $50 Mil for one of the best coaches in the league shows your not committed to winning? They haven't had a decent coach in Toronto since I can't remember when. Come on Jokey, your sports knowledge is questionable at best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:41 am 

Well, he did win the first ever coaches challenge in hockey and overturned a Montreal goal, so there's that. WINNING

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:06 am 

Masshole wrote:
Jokey wrote:

So investing $50 Mil for one of the best coaches in the league shows your not committed to winning? They haven't had a decent coach in Toronto since I can't remember when. Come on Jokey, your sports knowledge is questionable at best.

They brought in a cup winning GM and coach with the previous regime, (Burke and Carlyle,) and then proceeded to give them nothing to work with. NOBODY wins in Toronto because they will never get the resources or the autonomy they need to win. Happened to Fletcher, (whom got stiffed by MLSE when he had a deal to bring Gretzky to town in 1993 and was told "how many more tickets can we sell? None.") Quinn, (who Peddy and Tanenbaum would constantly undermine by letting Tie Domi dictate team policy over Quinn's head,) and Burke, (who got backstabbed out of town by Nonis,) and will happen to Lou and Babcock as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:58 am 

When it comes to shitty hockey, Jokey's got it LOCKED.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:57 pm 

Well, at least Toronto has the Blue Jays to cheer for. Guarantee you that's where all the fans will be for the next 2-3 weeks.

I've lost a lot of respect for the NHL mostly because of two lockouts in the last 10 years one of which cost an entire season.

The real hockey is in the lesser leagues like the AHL and the ECHL. Some cities even have a CHL team and that is also some very solid and entertaining hockey.

I am still an Avalanche fan and still root for the team, but I won't go to games anymore. My hockey fanship has been with the Colorado Eagles for many years now. They play in the ECHL and their home rink is about 35 miles north of where I live. Pepsi Center is just 14 miles south. But there are times when it takes longer to get to Pepsi Center than it does to Budweiser Event Center in Loveland because of the damn traffic! And then there's the whole parking thing and then dealing with 18,000+ people going to one place at the same exact time, plus $7-9 beers and odds are you'll have a 3rd level seat and can barely see what's going on with the game.

ECHL games are insanely affordable. $25 is the most expensive seat in the house and that'll get you on the club level or in the first two rows along the ice. Plus there's free parking! Beers are typically around $5-6 and food is reasonably priced too. The BEC only holds about 5,700, but there are times when it does feel like there are 18,000 or so in there. Definitely intense!

We plan on going to at least 2-3 games this season. I do have pics from a game we went to last season that is PET worthy, but too many people on here don't want to see too many pics with family members specifically kids.

But I'll still be sure to get an ECHL hockey game PET in here when we do go to a game this season.

Rack hockey season!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:16 pm 

DU Hockey, bro.

Love it. :clap:

I don't know why I think this, and I sure don't want to find out personally, but I imagine sex with Schmick as being how John Hobbes described life outside society as "poor, nasty, brutish and short."